How do YOU look back at your year and take notes so that you can celebrate any wins as well as use it to plan and execute goals for the future?
Greg & Gene discuss tools and tactics for looking back at your year and setting goals for the next one. How it can be a helpful and rewarding process.
Here are some steps you can follow to make the most of this exercise:
- Reflect on your year: Take some time to think about the events, experiences, and accomplishments of the past year. What went well? What didn’t go as planned? What did you learn from these experiences?
- Identify your values and priorities: Consider what is most important to you in life. This could be things like family, career, personal growth, or health. Understanding your values and priorities will help you set goals that align with what matters most to you.
- Set specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals: To make your goals as effective as possible, try to make them specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound. For example, instead of setting a goal to “exercise more,” you could set a goal to “exercise for 30 minutes, three times per week.”
- Make a plan: Once you have identified your goals, think about what steps you need to take to achieve them. Break your goals down into smaller, more manageable tasks and create a plan of action.
- Track your progress: As you work towards your goals, make sure to track your progress. This can help you stay motivated and see how far you’ve come.
- Be flexible: While it’s important to have a plan, it’s also important to be flexible and adapt to changes that may come up. If you encounter challenges or setbacks, don’t be afraid to adjust your goals or your plan as needed.
Overall, the process of looking back at your year and setting goals for the next one can be a valuable opportunity to reflect on your past experiences and chart a path forward. By setting SMART goals and making a plan to achieve them, you can work towards a future that aligns with your values and priorities.
What is SOCO FORUMS?
Peer mentoring and coaching designed to help passionate, hard working entrepreneurs like you make a life and not just a living.
Forums was designed by SOCO, a thriving platform and community focused on supporting indie workers, creators and entrepreneurs JUST LIKE YOU. We’ve spent nearly a decade working with hundreds of entrepreneurs to help them build a life and not just a living. It’s our passion, our “zone of genius” and what gets us out of bed in the morning.
Check it out: soco-work.com/forums